I know, I know. We've been slacking on pictures and updates. We still have some of the best pictures yet to post from Paris. While in Paris, we were scrambling, with much help from America, to get documents assembled to allow me to be qualified for a job that was being offered to me to teach kindergarten. Late on Tuesday evening, after getting back in from Paris, I emailed of the last document necessary. Ten minutes later I received the official offer to start work at 8 am the next morning!!!!
Needless to say, it has been quite a hectic week. I will be teaching full time kindergarten here on the Army post. It pays well and has fabulous hours (I'm off by 2:30!). But not to worry, this new job won't slow us down from our travels. This weekend we are excited to be heading to see Brendon, Taryn, and Beckham in Rome!
Now, about this picture. A while back, we came across a field of something that I couldn't decipher. After snooping about and performing a minor surgery on one of the weed-looking stalks, I decided that they were....poppy seeds!!! Or, as Clayton calls it, opium! Yum.
So the other day, on our way home from church, I spotted this combine up on the hill. Intrigued, we veered off the road and up the bumpy, dirt road to where they were working. For whatever reason, I found it completely thrilling to watch the combine spit out such a dark, black harvest. Isn't that cool?!!!!
Clayton was pretty excited too, as he figured that we were becoming first hand witness to Germany's underground movement of Opium. :) Aren't we lucky!
2 comments:
That's great about your job! You are so lucky!
congrats Mrs. Merkley (is that what kids call you or Miss Jessica??)!
Post a Comment