Monday, March 24, 2008

One more time

Six. That is the magic number. Since May '07 I have moved six times. 25 March makes my sixth move, actually. I am moving to my new house. I do not mean to complain. On the contrary, having moved that much means I have had just that many more adventures. It is just that this time is special. This time feels permanent. Except for a brief detour to Iraq, this will be my last move for three years! I will have a place of my own-- my own bed, sheets, couch, kitchen table, bathroom, guestroom, and everything else that goes with a new place. Many of you have already experienced this. Lucky you.

I also begin Individual Readiness Training soon. This is a quick refresher for all soldiers in my brigade before they deploy. I hope it will be fun. After all, this is my job. I'll keep you posted on what it entails. Right now all I know is second-hand knowledge, and it is always best to have first-hand experience when it comes to judging things in the Army.

1 comment:

Jeri said...

Get that camera working for pics of your home!!!