Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My bags are packed

What you are about to read may or may not be true. I may or may not be leaving tonight on deployment. I may or may not be going to Iraq. I may or may not be able to tell you about this. I definitely do not know the rules on this one. I hope that since this is a controlled blog it does not get out to prying eyes. "Loose lips sink ships."

But really, feel free to discuss amongst yourselves this new or not development. I am not sure when I will be around a computer again, so don't hold your breath. If, however, you cannot hold your pens, here is my address while deployed:

2LT Clayton Merkley
HHC/ 1-35 TASK FORCE 1-35
APO AE 09308

This is not an international address. Zip code 09308 is in New York, I think. Send all letters, packages, new cars on domestic postage. The Army will take care of the rest.

I love all of you. I will write again when I can.

3 comments:

Taryn said...

wow, Clay. take care. we'll be praying for you. let us know where you are when you get there or when you can.
i met a bunch of Navy SEALS here at the White House yesterday along with several members from the Army's 506th. pretty impressive group. i trust you'll be in good hands with your unit as well.
love ya.
brendon

Jeri said...

what sounds good to you in a care package?
love, love, love
mom

bon said...

Wow, the small, young boy that used to arrange little green army men is now "on" to the real deal! Godspeed Clay! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers, and perhaps your mom will let me share space in a few care packages!
Love ya!
bon