Saturday, November 22, 2008

Morale

For many months COP COMANCHE, my current home, has been without cooks. We were left to our own devices for breakfast and lunch. Dinner was trucked in from another army base. We had pizza hotpockets, chicken nuggets, Ramen noodles, PB&J. All of it was frozen. It was a vile, repitious cycle of the same food day in and day out. Every once in a while we had some variety, but whatever it was became so popular that in a day or two it was all gone.

Gone. Gone are those bleak days. Gone are the days of foraging for food. Gone is the monotony.

Three days ago the cooks began cooking. Life changed. Breakfast became viable again (I previously ate a small box of cereal with no milk). Lunch did not involve a microwave and dinner stayed hot for hours after preparation. Ahhh, quality of life is high for awhile. I am looking forward to breakfast even now as I type this. I hope you have as much to look forward to as I.

4 comments:

Jeri said...

Happy Eating!

xoxo,
Mom

Rissa and Jared said...

frozen noodles and pbj?

Al said...

Jeez, Clayton! What's on the menu?

Love ya' Dad

bon said...

Ho-lee cow...Clay, you have me speechless...and counting my blessings. May your cooks continue to cook, and that you have many more 'viable' meals ahead of you! :)

hugs!