The Elections are over. This is a very happy thing to report. We have spent the past two weeks getting ready for these elections, making sure the polling sites are safe, helping the Iraqi Security Forces complete their plan, patrolling in sector to discourage any potential bad guys, and cleaning up after the process. (I don't mean picking up trash; rather, picking up razor wire and metal detectors.)
Yesterday, the elections themselves, we spent 13 hours in sector on patrols. Luckily, we only spent about half of that on our feet, since we had another element help us out. Nonetheless, it was a long time. Today we only had 8 hours, and that is beginning to feel like nothing.
In other news, I was watching TV in my common area when a soldier came in. He asked if I had a copy of my deployment orders. "Sure," I said, "but why do you need them?" "Without them the battalion commander cannot sign your leave request." "What!?!??!" I yelled as I jumped out of my seat and ran to my bags, frantically looking for the required piece of paper. An hour later I found the orders and turned them in. All should be set now for me to come home in about two weeks. See you then!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YAY!!! It will be G-R-R-R-E-A-T to see you!! I will make sure to have a loaf of bread made and waiting for you! :)
Hugs!
PCMFC
I thought about you endlessly as I heard the reports on the elections. I am relieved they are over.
Can't wait for the two weeks to fly by!
xoxo
Post a Comment