Saturday, January 24, 2009

Here's to you...

And here's to me! How the heck are you? I am great. Life is on the up-and-up. I do not envy policemen. I just spent an hour and a half speaking with some Iraqi about bad people he knows and the information about these bad people. We have been somewhat successful in gathering a lot of intelligence which can quickly lead to arrests. In fact, just the other day a Mahdi Army battalion commander was arrested. My platoon was responsible for gathering the vast majority of the information about him. To be honest, we were bummed at not nabbing the guy ourselves. But, a win is a win.

The weather is still chilly, which is nice for patrols because we hardly sweat. We do sweat, however, when we chase punk kids for throwing rocks at us. They are not life threatening, certainly, but we chase them for good measure. That can be pretty exciting. Also exciting is my new blanket! I bought it three days ago and I haven't really had a chance to use it. What I mean to say is that for some reason I have been taking 4 hour naps, but not really a night's sleep. I'll see what I can do to rectify that right now...

2 comments:

Jeri said...

Sleep tight!
Love,
Mom

bon said...

Chasing rock-throwing kids will certainly get the blood pumping!

Sweet dreams!

Hugs!