Welcome to FOB Falcon! This is a large Army compound in south Baghdad. It is nice! I have all sorts of amenities that were previously and conspicuously absent from my life. For example, I have my own room! And it is rather large. Okay, not that big, but compared to sharing a room slightly smaller than my current one with three other grown men and their bags my current room feels enormous. Also, we have a cafeteria and all sorts of food, fresh fruits and vegetables!, people to cook for us and clean up after us. There is a Pizza Hut and Subway here with a laundry facility with a 24 hour turn-around. The gym is big and I have internet in my room! This is all very good. I should be riding out the rest of the deployment here. Not too bad. A fitting break from where we were before. Here are some pictures. More will follow.
This is a map of Baghdad and relative locations of my life.

This is a latrine.

This is my room. Nice!
1 comment:
The bed cover is oh so you!
Post a Comment