Thursday, August 13, 2009

Geheimnis

So the other day, when I was out biking, I spied a staircase going straight up the side of thickly wooded hillside. From my vantage point, it looked like the stairs had no end. Later that night Clayton and I went out to investigate, cause that's what we do. :)

We wound our way to the foothill's of the mountain and searched high and low for the mysterious staircase. We eventually found that the very bottom of the steps were all grown over with rose bushes, and we were able make our way up to where the stairs really began their ascent into the heavens.

Well, the heavens is an exaggeration. They eventually ended here: at a very old and very creepy building. We decided that it was some sort of mine or something. But not a bad adventure. You can kind of see the building in the upper left corner of the picture. Creepy.

Not as creepy was the dwarf deer farm at the bottom of that hill. This little guy was like the king of them all. He and Clayton became fast friends.



3 comments:

Jeri said...

what does one do with a dwarf deer? how can the poor thing hold up its head with those antlers??

Melanie said...

You guys look so great! My Mom just sent me your website so I'm spying on what you are doing and thinking you are having a great adventure! Good luck in everything you are doing - including picking an accent color for your wall! :)

BaconandBitch said...

Yeah you have a blog! I am loving all of your adventures! I am soooo incredibly jealous! Must. visit. now.