Monday, July 21, 2008

Getting my hairs cut

Who knew that getting a haircut could be such a wonderful experience? I am currently at FOB HAMMER and just stopped in the barber shop to shave my head. Yes, I said 'shave my head,' like when I was but a wee lad. No cool pictures in the back this time, though. Instead I got a massage!

At FOB HAMMER we have Indians cutting hair. My Indian dude asked if I wanted a massage and then spent five minutes massaging and smoothing and relaxing my head, neck, and shoulders. He asked me to relax my neck and "SNAP," he jerked it to the right and left as my bones went "snap, crackle, pop." It was phenomenal.

Only one other time have I had anything like this and it was in Korea. After a haircut I had this little old Korean woman go to town on my head, neck, shoulders, arms, and hands. Ten minutes later I couldn't get out of the chair! That was a joyous time, too. I wonder if Fantastic Sam's will ever do anything like that? And why is it that I have to travel to Asia to get it done? While I am gone I am asking all who read this to lobby their elected representatives and local barbers to institute a head massage post-haircut.

Keep smiling, America!

2 comments:

bon said...

Ho-lee cow! I don't think I'd want just ANYONE snapping my neck around! You are one brave guy!

hugs,
bon

Jeri said...

Chris Cannon was defeated in the Republican Primary; I don't know anyone else well enough to lobby for your cause. So, I guess the answer is for you to get that hair cut as often as possible!!
xoxo,
mom