Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Platoon!

Last night it happened: I got my platoon! We live in Sadr City with the rest of the company. I have 16 soldiers in the platoon. We can missions with tanks or MRAPs. I am really going to like this, I can already tell. Right now we have limited space, so I sleep on a stretcher in the aid station. The outgoing platoon leader will vacate his living spot soon enough and I will have my own corner of a room.
Oh, I have a new address. If you feel so inclined, please mail to:

2LT Clayton Merkley
TF 1-6 IN (Charlie Tank)
Camp Taji
APO AE 09378

If done exactly like that it will get to me.

Okay, life is good. Talk to you later.

4 comments:

bon said...

Wow! Is it fair to say "You have arrived," or does THAT happen when you have your own TANK? ;>

Your men are darn fortunate I have to say!!

Hugs,
bon

Jeri said...

I second Bonnie. You will be a super-duper platoon leader! (I realize that this isn't a military term...)
xoxo

MerktheGreat said...

congrats clay! i am sure you're guys will appreciate you, HUAH!

Rissa and Jared said...

congrats clay!
when we were in vegas for the campaign, we were in a subdivision and when we got to the end we decided to jump a concrete fence rather than walk back to the entrance. Then we went into a bar and called for a ride. do you remember that? did I tell you Jared and I live about ten seconds from there? dunno why i just thought of that...but weird we were so close to his house!