Raise your hand if you like the cold-- yeah! I went on patrol this morning at 0400 and the weather was the closest I think it will come to being Christmasy. The temperature was cooler and the wind was blustering. We enjoyed the opportunity to walk around during this weather, in the pitch dark. Luckily we have Night Vision Goggles which helped us see the road we were walking on. Then we went to our neighbourhood and spoke with people about their living conditions and asked if they knew where the bad guys are. It drives me crazy- they all claim the area is safe, yet our arrests and intelligence says otherwise. When we mention names about half the time we get a response, "oh yeah, he's a bad guy." Well that's what I was asking in the first place!
We spend about six hours in sector and then have most of the day off. Although longer in sector, it is nice to have the day off and be able to do a lot in sector in one shot. Unfortunately, Christmas looks like it will be just another patrol day. We haven't yet been told if there are special plans for Christmas, and I expect the biggest hits to be the gifts our families sent to us for Christmas. Some of the guys are really excited for the holiday, but others just can't seem to get in the Christmas spirit.
Well, my friend, not an exciting update or anything thought provoking, but there you have it. Take care of yourself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Glad the cold is lifting your spirits!
xoxo
Keep your dobber up! I wish grampa bum could tell me what a dobber is.
Me, too, Al...me, too! ;>
Clay, I wish for Christmas Day not to be "just another day" for you and for all those faithfully serving with you. I wish for you to know I have such a grateful heart for you and all servicemen and women everywhere. I pray for your safety and well-being!
Many hugs!
Post a Comment