Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry Christmas!

And a Happy New Year! I want to thank all of you for your love and support. It does mean a lot to me to know that I have such a large support network, especially at a time like this. Recently our schedule has been high paced and arduous. And instead of getting a reprieve (no German carolers singing "Oh Tannenbaum") we had 9 hours of patrols on Christmas Day. Your support carries me through these times.

Oh, in other really big news, I made the front page of The Stars and Stripes. Go to the website www.stripes.com and search for my name in the search bar and you will find this article: Unit in Iraq ready for changes new security deal will bring
Stars & Stripes Archives - 12/14/2008 - News
The picture of me shaking hands with 1SG Hassan made the front page. I have a copy of the newspaper with me. Not bad, eh?

2 comments:

Jeri said...

You are a star! We always knew it!!

xoxo,
Mom

bon said...

Wow! And they got your best side, too! ;>

The fan club here at home is going *nuts* with this story! You *are* a star!

Hugs!