So I suppose it has been awhile since I last wrote. No big deal, though, since I am totally fine. As a matter of fact, I am probably more than fine because this past week I found out that I will move to a platoon leader position in late July/early August! That is just great.
In other news, I have been busy meeting with Sheiks and county council members and paying tens of thousands of dollars to contractors and writing reports and figuring out the Iraqi government and going on missions to inspect construction projects and important (read with eyes rolled and lots of sarcasm) meetings and some other stuff that I seem to have forgotten. Life is good. Life is real good.
I seem to be making friends with some locals. And if not making friends, then at least they recognize me, know my name, and even give me a man-hug greeting when we see each other. And these are the important sheiks/civic leaders! Maybe I am getting ahead of myself, but I am having a great time getting to know them and their way of life.
No pictures this time. Next time, however, there will be some pictures. Does anyone have a request as to what kind of pictures I post? Till next time, Cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I want to see where you sleep, where you read, where you eat, etc.
Also, pics of your vehicle, or do you mainly walk about???
xoxox,
mom
what does a platoon leader do? ditto to the pics mom requested.
Ditto Jeri and Rissa!! And, what does $24,000 look like!?!? (Or whatever denomination you're walking around with these days!!) ;>
Hugs,
bon
Post a Comment